How to grow your hair overnight
How to grow your hair overnight. Hair is such an important part of us. This has been true since millenniums, even during the early ages of man. Hair has become a defining feature of man. It is subject to various cultural and religious meanings. For example, in Africa to have less hair is considered a sign of manliness, whereas this is not necessarily true in western countries. Most developing and underdeveloped countries still have such beliefs fixed on hair. If you are looking for solution on how to grow your hair overnight, this is the best read.
A common perception regarding having more hair is that it signifies that a person is young, strong and has sexual vitality. The fact that having lots of hair signifies youth is an exceedingly popular belief among women particularly. Here, youth is not attributed to the person’s health but rather their physical attractiveness. While hair loss does not literally make a person old, but rather it makes them appear old.
Another example of how hair is subject to various interpretations is: in Hinduism, pilgrims grow their hair as a part of a ritual to make themselves fit in the eyes of the Hindu gods and at the end of the pilgrimage they tonsure their head. Another hair ritual is followed by the Sikhs who take a vow to never cut their hair throughout their life and to hide it in a turban (as their religion dictates that their hair cannot be displayed in public). This is in stark contrast to Buddhists monks who tonsure their head as a part of a ritual; to live a simple life.
Hence the meaning of hair is largely diverse. But it can be visibly seen that only a small portion of people accept hair loss as a part of ageing. But the majority of the people have not attained such an acceptance. Hair loss is a huge threat to self esteem to teenagers and young adults (between the age of 12 years to 35 years).
The reason for this is: during the adolescent and young adult stages of life, a person’s secondary sexual characteristics develop due to increased hormonal secretion, as a result hair growth increase. Before getting answer to the question how to grow your hair overnight, lets look at the reasons for hair loss.
Due to a cocktail of hormonal effects and sociodemographic factors, during these ages they are highly concerned about how they appear in front of others. Their own perception regarding their physical attractiveness is a part of their journey to discovering their self identity. So hair loss becomes a huge flaw not only in their appearance but also their self identity.
But what are the causes of hair loss, even among today’s youth, if it is not due to ageing? There reasons are below:
- Treatment for chronic illnesses such as cancer by Chemotherapy can cause hair loss.
- Autoimmune diseases result in weakening of hair follicles and hence hair loss.
- Lifestyle diseases such as diabetes also causes hair loss.
- Hair loss is largely due to poor nutrition. The inclusion of artificial food products and junk food accelerates hair loss. Hair growth requires a diet of proteins, vitamins and minerals. Lack of necessary nutrients especially amino acids and iron weakens the hair follicles and causes them to become thin. Once they have become thin, they are much more susceptible to breakage.
- Hair loss is also due to stress. Working or living in stressful conditions reduces the secretion of neurotransmitters which provide feelings of relaxation, which in term also affects hair growth. Such temporary hair loss is known as Telogen effluvium. Telogen refers to type of hair follicle. Naturally, the tellogen hair follicles are classified into two categories: the majority (about 80 per cent) is involves in active state of growth and the rest (20 per cent) are in what is known as ‘resting phase’. During Tellogen effluvium, this cycle gets disturbed in response to stress and a large proportion of the hair follicles enter into resting phase. As a result, hair fall increases.
- Strain on hair increases hair fall especially in people already experiencing hair loss. The increased strain on hair causes hair follicles, which are already thin, to stretch and break.
- Sudden changes in temperature and excessive exposure to sunlight causes hair loss. Excessive exposure to sunlight, especially during mid-day makes the scalp more susceptible to ultra violet radiations of the sun and hence increases hair fall.
How to grow your hair overnight ?
So how to grow your hair overnight? What method provides the most immediate and visible success when it comes to hair growth? Below are a few home remedies that can help grow hair overnight:
- Applying oil before sleep:
This is one of the most simple and best methods to promote hair growth without much effort. Apply oil on hair every day before going to sleep. But do not wash your hair every day. Oils such as coconut oil, geranium oil, almond oil, olive oil, rosemary oil, chamomile oil and lavender oil promote hair growth.
It is also better to apply oil at night as walking around with oil in your head in sunlight may at times cause oil to drip over one’s face.
- Onion juice or lemon juice treatment:
Apply onion or lemon juice on hair before going to bed. This strengthens hair follicles by nourishing them with necessary vitamins and minerals. It also gives hair softness and a glossy look.
- Honey and shampoo:
Shampoo should be applied only twice or thrice a week. Apply shampoo at night. But mix a few drops of honey with the shampoo. Honey has a lot of healing and nourishing properties; hence it can strengthen the weak hair follicles and promote hair growth.
- Applying apple cider vinegar solution on hair before sleep:
Apply apple cider vinegar solution on hair. This promotes hair growth and gives hair a nice gleam. The solution is formed by mixing equal proportions of apple cider vinegar and warm water. Spray the solution on hair and then gently massage hair. This also helps to treat dandruff. It will help you to how to grow your hair overnight.
- Egg bath:
Before going to bed, give your hair an egg bath followed by showering. Egg is a rich source of the much needed vitamins and proteins that promote hair growth. Perform this twice a week for the best results.